Automate Mixer in Reason
How do I automate the mixer with Reason
Its really a easy process, and takes just a few clicks, once you know what you are doing.
- 1st thing first is to open Reason if you have not done so yet.
- 2nd right click a blank space and select mixer 14:2
- 3rd right click the mixer and select Create then Sequencer Track for Mixer
- 4th make sure the little midi icon is on the mixer
- 5th Click record start and start tweaking those mixer pan knobs.
If you want to put anymore than 1 rack device, you need to add a mixer. Each new device then becomes its own channel on the Reason Mixer
All recorded movements are stored in the sequencer, this is why we must "Create Sequencer Track" for mixer.
The Reason "midi" icon shows the producer where the saved automations are going to be stored. (Remember this very Important)
Make sure that the red record button is glowing before you click "play". If the light is not activated then the changes made during the live recording session will not be used.